Anyway, Stephanie has been kind enough to share her recipe for Awesome Sauce with me and I made it last night. I was actually lacking in a few of the ingredients so I had to improvise with some BBQ sauce I had in the fridge and some other spices but it still turned out FANTASTIC.
Stephanie's Awesome BBQ ChickenIngredients:
2 cups finely minced onion
2 cloves finely minced garlic
3 tbsp olive oil OR butter
3 cups ketchup
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp vinegar (rice vinegar is best)
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
Hot sauce (Optional)
10-12 good sized Chicken Drumsticks
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Toss in the onion and garlic for 2-4 minutes, until the onion is fairly translucent
3. Add ketchup and mix well to keep the sauce smooth.
4. When the ketchup starts to bubble turn the heat down to low and add lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey and brown sugar. Mix well.
5. Simmer the sauce for about an hour, mix occasionally. Can add the hot sauce at this point.
6. While the sauce is simmering, wash the chicken well.
7. Mix the chicken rub together in a small bowl and rub over the chicken.
8. Bake the chicken in a lightly greased pan for 30 minutes at 350F.
9. After 30 minutes, pour the barbecue sauce over top and bake for another 15 or so minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through)
That's it! Enjoy the deliciousness!