Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Misono Wok (Super 88) - Allston


If you went to college in the Boston area (or if you live nearby), you've probably heard about the Super 88 supermarket and food court. The first time I ate there was in 2002 at a Ramen stand that, unfortunately, no longer exists. Before then, I always thought ramen was something you make in 30 seconds and comes in individually sized bags. Needless to say, it was an eye-opening experience.

That Japanese ramen isn't around anymore, but its replacement, Misono Wok, is a more than ample replacement. They serve home-style Korean food, which isn't exactly easy to find in the city. But to be honest, until I got to Boston, I never really had a lot of Korean food, maybe because Korean food is even rarer in New Jersey!

But anyway, back to the food. When I think Korean food, the first thing that comes to mind is Korean BBQ (bulgogi, kalbi, etc), kimchi, and bibimbap. While Misono Wok does have some of these dishes available, my favorite dishes are their noodle dishes, especially the Tukboki (rice cake noodles), or Japche (glass thread noodles). I've also been a huge fan of the pork kimchi lately, and even tried making it myself (I'll save that for another day).

No comments: