Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fresh Corned Beef in Brookline

Ever since I moved into the Coolidge Corner area, I kept getting recommendations to try Michael's Deli on Harvard Street. Unfortunately, they are not open for dinner hours (10 - 5:30 on weekdays : 9 - 3pm on weekends) so I never really had much of a chance to go (not to mention I keep forgetting to on weekends too). But I finally ended up there a couple weekends ago and had to try their famous Corned Beef sandwich.

Michael's is a very small place, more like a deli counter + a few tables for the occasional diner to quickly down a sandwich for lunch but not much more than that. I asked the sandwich guy what his recommendation was for a first-timer and without batting an eye he suggested the Corned Beef on toasted rye with a generous portion of mustard. About 5 minutes later there was a steaming toasted corned beef sandwich sitting before this foodaholic's very eyes. And about 5 minutes after that, I was comfortably into the lean.

I have to say, I haven't really had corned beef often enough to be able to discern between good and bad, but I thoroughly enjoyed this sandwich and well definitely be back soon.

This is the sandwich itself


Here's Michael's, right past Coolidge Corner on Harvard Street

No comments: