Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baked Chicken Teriyaki Wings


I originally made these wings along with some nice and spicy chili for the Super Bowl back in February but completely forgot to take pictures! I was too busy and excited to eat it all that pictures slipped my mind! But I did end up making the wings again for a friend's BBQ a few weeks ago and this time I did take a picture! I will be making the chili another time but we'll have to see now that it's warm outside!

One thing that always bugged me about chicken wings was cutting them into pieces. I did it once with a cleaver but then decided to let my guests/eaters do all the work from then on so I rarely cut them anymore :P Seriously, maybe I'm lazy but it's a lot of work!

Baked Chicken Teriyaki Wings

Ingredients:
25-30 chicken wings
1 cup light (low sodium) soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
3-4 tbsp sugar
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tbsp ground ginger
3/4 cup sherry wine
2 tbsp mirin
1-2 shallots, minced

Method:
1. Combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken wings in a mixing bowl or pitcher. Mix well.
2. Place chicken wings in a large baking pan (be careful to get them in a single layer, don't stack!)
3. Pour the marinade over top. Let marinate for at least 2 hours, flipping the wings occasionally.
4. Bake for an hour to an hour and a half at 350 degrees, check the wings at the hour mark to see if they're finished.

No comments: