Monday, June 16, 2008

Pan fried seasoned tilapia



A while back I picked up some tilapia at Whole Foods during one of their weekly deals promotions. I was thinking I'd just bake it but one of my buddies quickly put an end to that by sending me his special recipe rub for pan frying.

The first batch I made, I didn't realize how quickly the fish would cook and ended up overcooking them (I don't cook fish that often, that should change soon though :P). The 2nd batch came out much better and held together out of the pan much better.

Next time I think I might add some flour and an egg to make sure the rub sticks to the fish a little better. Without the egg, some of the rub ended up flaking off as I turned the fish.

The measurements are approximate, I didn't measure them out this time.

Pan fried seasoned tilapia

Ingredients
3-4 tilapia fillets
1/2 tbsp Sea Salt (Other salt fine)
1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Rosemary
3-4 tbsp Italian Breadcrumbs
2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan or Romano

Method
1. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary in a bowl, mix well.
2. Rub each side of the tilapia fillet with the mixed spices
3. Coat each fillet with breadcrumbs
4. Pan fry over medium heat with some olive oil.
5. When close to finished, sprinkle some cheese on each fillet

No comments: