Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baked Brie!!! Finally!

I had some other pictures for the brie but unfortunately, having some computer issues that may take a week or two to resolve (bad parts). But at least I have the laptop and the camera's available for new photos.

Ever since I started the Seasoned Noob, I've been asked (nagged =P) by some friends (you know who you are) to post this recipe. I made it 6 months ago for my housewarming party and it was an instant hit.

I use a jam spread from Stonewall Kitchen. You can probably use almost any kind of jelly, just that this jelly happens to be stacked next to the brie :)

Baked Brie

Ingredients
1 (7-8 inch) wheel of brie cheese (Usually buy mine at Whole Foods)
Hot pepper jelly
Brown sugar
1 sheet puff pastry
Some flour

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Cut the brie in half horizontally.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar over one half to coat.
4. Spread the jam on the other half to coat.
5. Put both halves together and press to secure. The trick is not to put too much brown sugar or jam so that it comes out the sides :)
6. Roll out the puff pastry and place the wheel of brie in the middle.
7. Wrap the puff pastry up around the brie.
8. Place the brie on a baking sheet with parchment paper (any kind of baking paper really) and bake for 20-30 minutes until the pastry begins to turn golden brown.
9. Serve with crackers

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you do with the "some flour???"

Dave said...

Ohhh, completely forgot about that!

I just sprinkle some flour on the cutting board, that's all :)